Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm backkkkk

Hello all! I'm back from my trip and finally getting settled back into the Madrid life. After a month-long hiatus, I will finally be posting about my most recent adventures.

As you may or may not know, my lovely friend and travel partner-in-crime, Christina, and I traveled to Paris, Rome, Florence, and Venice during our winter holidays! Each of these cities are incredible, and I'm planning to give each city it's own post over the next week or so. I also failed to publish posts about my trips to Toledo and Granada last month, so I will catch up on those first.

I really thought I would be more diligent about blogging, but I suppose I've had a little lapse in motivation recently. To be honest, it just feels like normal life over here... well, with endless three-day weekends and some traveling. But in general, my life in Madrid is pretty normal. I basically just work on the weekdays and explore the Madrid nightlife, shop, and am generally lazy on the weekends.... normal, but good! It's weird... I've only been in Madrid for 4 months now, and I can't tell if I think it's flying right by or if I feel like I've been here longer. It seems like everyone is starting to think about plans for next year- whether to stay here, move elsewhere, or go home. I'm not ready to make any decisions yet, but it does stress me out a little to think that I will have to make a choice in the next couple of months. Living abroad has been such a great experience so far (definitely filled with ups and downs), and it's so hard to anticipate how I'll be feeling six months from now. So for now, I'm trying to stay present and not focus so much on the future. I feel like I spent my last year or so before moving to Spain just kind of waiting for the next step, so I'd hate to repeat that while I'm actually here.

Anyways, I digress... I hope that everyone had a great holiday season and is enjoying 2012 so far! And be sure to check back over the next week if you'd like to see photos and stories from my recent travels. Ciao bellas<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment